- Medior/Senior Backend Developer
Are you our new medior/senior backend developer?
Developing and maintaining connections for more than 250 different wearables takes a team.
WeFitter is constantly aiming to be the leader in the wearable connections market, this means that we have to stay up to date with all the new brands, but also make sure that our existing connections are working optimally.
Next to that each brand is continuously updating their wearables by adding or changing features, and we are making use of those features in new ways by implementing it in our gamification or health tracking.
Tasks and expectations:
As a medior/ senior backend developer you will lead a group of backend and frontend engineers and be directly responsible for their work. The entire project team consists of eight young, inquisitive, hard-working and innovative people, with whom you will be in constant contact.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in the field of software or data engineering, and digital platform maintenance. You will be expected to share our curiosity, openness and commitment to delivering excellent and reliable solutions to our customers, while thinking along with the internal team as well as customers and other stakeholders.
What are you bringing to the table?
- Knowledge and experience:
- You have several years of demonstrable experience in software/data engineering.
- You know Python and Django inside out.
- Together with sales and the product owner, you can think of ways to take Wefitter to the next level.
- Experience with Agile development, especially Scrum.
- You have built and used APIs, particularly with REST.
- You know your way around Git, Docker, Linux, CLI, CI/CD, MySQL, Cassandra, and Jira.
- You know how to lead and coach a team, and you have proven leadership skills in practice.
- You have extensive knowledge of the English language. Extensive knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage.
- Affinity with AI is an advantage.
- Knowledge of server management is an advantage.
- Thinking along
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Fulltime employment
- Working from the Groningen office
- Starting immediately