The 8 most used wearables (July 2022)
The 8 most used wearables (July 2022)
In this blog, we are talking about the 8 most used wearables in 2022. A description of every wearable, and if it is connected to the WeFitter API.
Multiple things can be measured to see which wearable is the most valuable, but this all depends on the needs of the user. Here we will look at the most used brands worldwide. In this blog I will discuss the brands, and give a short description on the most relevant wearable device from that brand. The statistics are retrieved from International Data Corporation (IDC), looking at the total amount of shipments of wearables from that brand.
- Apple - Leader of the wearable devices market in terms of worldwide shipments. Includes AirPods and Apple Watches. AirPods don't measure health data at this point. WeFitter supports the Apple Healthkit. The health parameters supported by WeFitter are steps, distance, calories, minutes, workout types, heart rate, heart rate zones and sleep. The health parameters supported depend on the Apple device you use.
- Samsung - Samsung offers a unique product to the users of their smartphones with the Galaxy Watch4 as newest wearable, but also Samsung phones can be connected to Samsung Health. The health parameters connected to it are steps, distance, calories, minutes, workout types, heart rate, sleep BMI, length/weight, daily summaries, workout summaries and blood pressure.
- Xiaomi - Known for their budget options, Xiaomi offers the Mi Band as their wearable product. Currently Xiaomi is not connected to the WeFitter API. Interested in getting the Xiaomi connection on your platform through WeFitter? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huawei - Offers Bands and smartwatches. It's a great option when you have a Huawei phone. Huawei is WeFitter's latest connected wearable brand! At the moment WeFitter offers only fitness data through the Huawei connection.
- boAt (Imagine Marketing) - The Indian smartwatch company boAt is part of Imagine Marketing. It offers a wide range of smartwatches, mostly sold in India. Currently, this wearable is not covered by the WeFitter API.
- Garmin - These wearables are focused on activity tracking of athletes. A wide range of products including sportwatches, smartwatches and fitness trackers. WeFitter offers a wide range of health parameters through the Garmin connection like: steps, distance, calories, minutes, workout types, heart rate, stress, sleep, BMI, length/weight, daily summaries and workout summaries.
- FitBit - The goal of the FitBit wearables is to improve a user's health by tracking activity, exercise, food, sleep and stress. Therefore, a FitBit can be used by everyone in a family, because it serves multiple purposes. Health parameters offered are steps, distance, calories, minutes, workout types, heart rate, sleep, BMI, length/weight, Daily summaries and workout summaries.
- Google - With the Google Pixel Watch, Google offers their unique wearable. Google aims to have an inter-connectable platform just like Apple has where you can connect Macbook, AirPods, iPhone, Apple Watch all with eachother. Google Fit is the app for all Android phones and watches. The WeFitter API covers the following health parameters with the Google Fit connection: steps, distance, calories, minutes, workout types, heart rate, sleep, BMI, length/weight, daily summaries, workout summaries and blood pressure.
These are the top 8 most sold wearable brands, other honourable mentions that are connected to the WeFitter API are: Polar, Wi Things, Oura, Strava and MyZone. We are continuously working on extending our range of connected wearables. Interested in a wearable that isn't mentioned in this blog? Contact the tech team at email@example.com and we will see what the possibilities are.
More information about the wearables connected to the WeFitter API can be found here.